What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Cypress Lawn? For many, it’s our connection to the fascinating history of the San Francisco Bay Area. It’s true – we have been here since almost the beginning of California’s statehood, and between our architecture, art, and grounds – there is so much rich history here.
Cypress Lawn is also a forward-thinking organization, and we’re always looking for new ways to serve the families who choose our beautiful location as their loved one’s final resting place, and help guide visitors who want to come and tour the grounds.
Towards that end, we have developed a new tool both for those who want to visit their loved one’s grave and for those who want to discover what our cemetery has to offer from a cultural and historical perspective. We’re so excited to officially announce the Cypress Lawn App!
Available for free on the App Store for iPhones or Google Play for Androids, the app is designed for a number of functions:
- You can search for your loved one’s resting place by their name – or the name of anyone who is buried at Cypress Lawn.
- Once you’ve located a gravesite you would like to visit, you can then use our Cemetery 360 technology to navigate to the location – all on your smartphone!
- You can request a consultation with one of our Family Service Managers.
- You can order flowers for a loved one and have them delivered directly to their grave.
- You can launch our website.
- One feature we’re currently expanding is the ability to find information on the many walking tours we host here through the work of the Cypress Lawn Heritage Foundation.
Many of you are already familiar with how to download an app, but for those still learning, here are some quick instructions.
- Search for “Cypress Lawn” in the App Store on your phone
- Tap “Get”
- Tap “Install”
- Search in the Google Play store for “Cypress Lawn”
- Click on “Cypress Lawn Memorial Park”
- Tap “Install”
We will continually be looking at ways to expand the functionality of the app, all with the goal of putting one more tool in the hands of families who want to nurture and embrace their loved one’s legacy that has been established here at Cypress Lawn.
So, let us know what you think once you’ve downloaded the app and used it. What do you like most about it? What features would you like to see us add? Share your thoughts in the comments below.