SAVE THE DATE: Arboretum Day 2022
Date & Time
It is our honor to extend a cordial in-person invitation to our third-annual Arboretum Day, here at Cypress Lawn Arboretum and Botanical Gardens on Nov. 12, 2022.
Celebrating 130 years and 130 species in the living collection of the Arboretum, this special community event in our “Tree City USA” Town of Colma will showcase the diverse trees of the Memorial Park, honor our champion Monterey Cypress by the foundational entry archway, and continue our living legacy with the planting of companion trees for old heritage specimens along Cypress Avenue of our original East Campus.
Arboretum Day was established in 2020 with the planting of a memorial tree in honor of the many lives lost to the pandemic and will continue as an annual tradition of tree planting and the celebration of life here at our beloved Memorial Park.
You may learn more about the origin story and the meaning of Arboretum Day by watching this video, showcasing our community event from just a year ago.
We hope to see you on Saturday, Nov. 12, this year for the following schedule of events:
- 10:30 a.m. — Welcome and introductions at the entry archway.
- 11 a.m. — Celebratory ribbon-cutting of the reclaimed Monterey cypress wood benches at the entrance of Noble Chapel.
- 11:30 a.m. — Champion Monterey cypress companion tree planting.
- Noon – 1 p.m. — Special Tree Tour featuring companion trees all along Cypress Avenue, led by Arboretum Director Josh Gevertz.
- 1:30 p.m. — Complimentary catered lunch at our champion cork oak!
While all are welcome to join us for our FREE Arboretum Day festivities, please RSVP using the link here: https://cypresslawnheritagefoundation.org/event/save-the-date-arboretum-day-2022/