Since the start of the pandemic, COVID-19 has taken over 25,300 lives within the state of California.
While we head into 2021 with hope and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, our team at Cypress Lawn Funeral Home & Memorial Park also remains steadfastly committed to your health and safety.
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve focused on keeping the families we serve and our large team of professionals safe. We’ve pivoted time and time again, updating our protocols as more information and best practices were released by public health officials.
Because of this diligence, our team of essential workers has been able to continue serving our Bay Area neighbors by arranging funerals, cremations, and burials for their loved ones throughout the pandemic.
Below is a list of the guidelines that we ask every guest and employee to follow while at Cypress Lawn Funeral Home & Memorial Park. For your convenience, we also have printed versions of these guidelines placed throughout our location.
• Masks are required at our facilities — both indoors and outdoors.
• Please maintain social distancing protocols by keeping 6 to 10 feet between all persons at all times, both within our chapels and at gravesites.
• Cypress Lawn has the option for families to make arrangements via phone or virtual platform. If you would prefer to meet with us in person, only one to two immediate family members are permitted within our offices.
• If you would like to learn more about how you can plan your arrangements in advance, we can arrange phone or virtual meetings with any of our certified preneed counselors.
• We will follow the guidance on gathering sizes mandated by San Mateo County. Due to frequent updates, these final numbers will be provided at the time services are scheduled.
• We offer livestreaming at all of our locations so that all loved ones can participate and view a funeral or memorial service from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Ask your Cypress Lawn team member for more information.
• We conduct fever checks of our staff multiple times per day. We also conduct fever checks on anyone who enters our buildings.
• Our facilities have HEPA air filtration equipment, and our janitorial team uses industrial cleaners to sanitize all areas and surfaces after any services or arrangements. Our team is diligently cleaning all high-touch surfaces, including all door handles, faucets, countertops, toilets, and water fountains.
• We provide masks, gloves, and other protective gear to both staff and guests. We also have hand sanitizer, tissues, and hand soap available at all of our funeral homes.
• If you are feeling sick, please stay home, keeping in mind there will be opportunities in the future to visit with loved ones and express your condolences.
Please keep in mind this is not an exhaustive list of all the regulations and guidelines that Cypress Lawn has in place and that these regulations could change at any time. If you have any questions about our latest protocols, please don’t hesitate to contact us through our website or by calling us at (650) 550-8808.